In the present times, the utilization of water-based industrial paint is more and more widespread, since it is eco-friendly paint, many consumers and painting service companies like paintzone llc support it. But water-based paint also has weaknesses, today let’s take a look at the pros and cons of water-based industrial paint.
The primary solvent of water-based industrial paint is water. It offers environmental security, energy-saving, and won’t result in pollution.
Pros of water-based industrial color:
1. Environmental security: water-based paint utilizes water as a solvent, therefore, it will not cause harm to the body, will not pollute the environment, and it supports people’s green life concept. Using water as a solvent saves a lot of resources.
2. Powerful adaptability, can be quickly diffused in any environment, and the adhesion is excellent.
3. Water-based paint layer tools are simple to clean, do not need to spend plenty of detergent.
4. High film thickness, simple to repair.
5. It has great supporting performance and can be met and covered with all solvent-based layers.
6. Amazing filling, not easy to burn, paint adhesion.
Cons of water-based industrial paint:
1. In the production process of the surface of the spray is especially high requirements, if the surface washing is not clean, will lead to film shrinkage.
2. It is a corrosive coating material, so the substrate must use stainless steel materials, but the cost of stainless steel is high.
3. Water-based industrial paint warm resistance, water resistance is poor, in the method of use will impact the performance of the coating.
4. If the addition of high boiling point additives in water-based industrial paint baking will create soot, changing the image of the coating surface.
5. Water-based paint water vaporization latent heat, paint film drying time is comparatively slow.
6. The price is more valuable than solvent-based paint.